If you knew me personally, you would know the following things about me:
- I am the world’s worst housekeeper.
- I wear my branding colors a lot. Like, I can’t even tell you how many peacock or plum-colored shirts I own, not to mention all the black ones too… And yes, I tend to buy avocado green shirts for the hubster, so, well, it’s no wonder I chose the colors that I did. ;)
- While I hate cleaning my house, I *love* to entertain, and will usually end up throwing things into bedrooms about 10 minutes before people show up.
- I don’t wear them very often anymore, but my shoe collection rocks. (it comes with the Filipino territory, trust me)
- My two big dreams in life are to be an overseas photojournalist, or to open up a little cafe. Complete with cupcakery inside, of course.
Thankfully I’m able to actively sharpen my photojournalism skills right now, but when my friend Debbie from Country Girl Gourmet told me about the volunteer work she did for Allrecipes.com, and asked if I might be interested in doing it with her, I naturally said, “Sure! Keep me in mind next time you need more people!”
After all, I have been using Allrecipes.com for over a decade, way back when they were Thanksgivingrecipes.com, and was stoked at the chance to take part in something I use on a regular basis anyway. If any of you have ever come to one of the parties at my house, and eaten my Ribs, or Bruschetta, or even drank that sparkly Punch, Allrecipes.com is where I get my ideas first. I will look up recipes based on ingredients I have on hand, skim through the reviews to see if everyone followed the recipe to the letter or altered it some way to improve it, and sometimes post picture and reviews myself. But for the most part, I would just look up recipes when I needed them. They have a handy iPad and iPhone app, so it makes my life so much easier!
Now, fast forward almost a year later, and after being nominated, applying, interviewing, and being accepted, here I am, one of Allrecipes’ newest Allstars, and ready to integrate my love of photography with my love of cooking.
Can we say, “kismet?”
The program works like this: we Allstars get monthly assignments, and we get to fulfill those assignments to the best of our abilities. Whether it’s finding a new way of integrating a specific ingredient into dishes, or showcasing multiple ways of working with products given to us by various sponsors, our job is to help bring to life recipes that draw you to them. That make you want to cook. That make you want to try them out during your next Girl’s Night In or Housewarming Party. Recipes that celebrate momentous occasions, or are just quick & easy to do after a long day at work.
I’ve taken the liberty of scrubbing my Pinterest account clean so that I can start pinning recipes to my boards (since I honestly don’t use it for anything else), and that way, y’all can start sharing the recipes as easily as possible.
I also plan to blog my recipes here as I practice my food photography, so hopefully once my year is up, I can see a marked improvement in utilizing natural light in the tastiest way possible!
But for now, sit back, surf the Allrecipes.com website, and just wait for this photographer foodie to start rolling some deliciousness into her blog. ;)